Dental License in Georgia for Foreign Trained Dentists
Foreign trained dentists who wish to apply for a Georgia dental license must provide the board with several items:
- Completed application and application fee of $125
- Proof of successful completion at an ADA-accredited dental school approved by the board of the last two years of a program leading to a DDS or DMD degree.
- A certification from the dean of the accredited dental school setting forth that the applicant has achieved the same level of didactic and clinical competency as expected of a graduate of the dental school.
- An official transcript under seal from the accredited dental school showing all courses taken during the two years duration.
- Certified copy of the applicant's testing results showing passage of all sections with a score of 75 or higher on a clinical examination administered by the board or a testing agency designated and approved by the board.
- Proof of passage of a jurisprudence examination on the laws and rules governing the practice of dentistry in the State of Georgia.
- Proof of current CPR certification
- Copies of any and all National Practitioner's Data Bank reports pertaining to the applicant.
- An official transcript under seal issued by the appropriate authority along with a verified translation into English if needed, from the school or university from which the applicant received his or her doctoral degree in dentistry.
-National Board scores verifying passage of all parts with a minimal acceptable grade of 75.
Furnish a criminal background check.
In determining whether an applicant has met the clinical exam requirements for licensure, the board only considers:
a. The examination given by the Georgia Board of Dentistry prior to February 22, 1993
b. Results from the Southern Regional Testing Agency (SRTA) that were attained between February 22, 1993 and December 31, 2005; to include SRTA retake examination results until December 31, 2006
c. Results from the American Board of Dental Examiners (ADEX) examination as uniformly administered by the Central Regional Dental Testing Service (CRDTS) and the Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners (NERB) that were attained prior to June 30, 2009
d. Results from the Central Regional Dental Testing Service (CRDTS) examination or any other testing agency designated and approved by the Board attained subsequent to June 30, 2009
For more details please click here.